... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

Getaway to Georgia

Tuesday, July 22, 2014


It's my last night in Peachtree City, GA after spontaneously arriving on Sunday and spending the past two days just relaxing and catching up with family and friends.  This is the first time I've been back since we moved to Texas in October last year and it truly feels surreal.  In a way things are familiar and 'homey' but in another way, it's like I'm seeing things for the first time all over again.

Atlanta seems larger than life, bustling and crowded, while the wildlife and vegetation here in the suburbs look so different: healthy and vibrant is a good way to describe!  Grass is lush, thick and green; flowers are abundant and rich in vivid hues, comparing to Texas where green is a faded/ grey green and the only difference between summer and winter is the number of leaves on trees. 

I miss it here.  Will's (my) family. Four distinct seasons.  There's no place like it.  I wish I had more time to visit more of the friends and places I love!  The Blue Ridge mountains are one of my favourite places.  Then there's Marietta, Roswell and of course Midtown - which was my home for so long. Maybe on my next visit I'll get to walk down those familiar streets and feel the bittersweet sting of all the memories they accommodated... But for now I'm grateful to have come back to the 'home' in the suburbs and ground myself once more. 

Here are some (unedited) snaps: 

An iconic American symbol: the water tower.
(Although these are uber modern...)

(...and from a distance resemble spaceships!)
Here's what the streets out in the suburbs look like.
- Yes, the air is as fresh as it seems.
Peachtree City (where most of Will's family live) is famous
for its golf cart paths that weave all through the area.  Some
parts look like this (above) and are, well, heavenly!
My mother in law and I took my gorgeous nephew on his first
golf cart ride <3  He wasn't so sure at first...
But he liked it eventually!  (Especially when we saw a deer!)
He loves my mother-in-law's doberman  Bristol
(before you freak out - YES that's a doberman with a baby
and NO we'd never leave them unsupervised
but OBVIOUSLY she's gentle and placid!)
my fave thing is her yard! 
there are native animals everywhere <3
(although this pic was taken at grandmas' house and edited on my phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate