... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

this week's tip | try coconut oil

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

coconutbenefits.ca
My skin's been dry this week.  Despite my usually successful moisturizing routine, I've been waking up in the mornings to dry skin and having to reapply moisturizer during the day which I've never had to do before.  It might be due to the heater constantly running inside or maybe the drastic temperature changes outside which are also drying.  What ever the reason for it: it sucks!


In a moment of frustration yesterday as I was reapplying face cream in the afternoon, I remembered coconut oil: which the skin therapist I was working with in Atlanta recommended for my skin type, saying it would be perfect as a moisturizer, wrinkle preventor and (with its antibacterial properties) a pimple treater.  I'd forgotten all about this but I used coconut oil religiously for months until summer hit in full force and wasn't seeping into my skin as well as it used to, so I moved it into the kitchen as a healthy frying oil instead.

I must say, it did the trick! I woke up this morning with smooth, velvety skin.  But if that doesn't convince you - you'll be pleased to know that after just a little research online, I've discovered that many celebrities also use coconut oil as a face, body and hair moisturizer and each of them swear by its success as well!  Miranda Kerr, Jennifer Anniston, Angelina JolieGisele Bundchen and Gwenyth Paltrow just to name a few.

There are so many wonderful uses for coconut oil - from beauty and skin care to the kitchen.  I'm confidant that if you try it: you'll love it!

PS: if you're like Will and can't tolerate the lovely smell of raw coconuts, you can find an oil that has virtually no scent, like Spectrum 




if you're like me and can't get enough of the smell that instantly transports you to a tropical island and you envision yourself in a bikini with tan skin and surrounded by white sand: try a super-frangranced one like Carrington Farms:

sarahscucinabella.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate