... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

celebrate the small things | June 20

Friday, June 20, 2014

Here we are on the last official day of spring and I'm a part of the official celebrate the small things bloghop once more! YAY!  It's such a wonderful way to be reminded of your blessings that I encourage everyone to sign up and join this very happy community!  There's nothing better every Friday - the best day of the week already! - than sharing in lots of joy with others!

This week I'm  celebrating:

  •  the fact that my birdfeeder has attracted two new bird species that I've never seen before! (I know this is a reoccurring theme but it's MY celebration, SO :p!!)  Now I not only see the regulars (blue jays, Inca doves, golden finches and cardinals) eating outside my window, but I also see:

tufted titmouse (s or is it titmice?)


and black capped chickadees



I couldn't be happier!  Both of these guys have the sweetest chirps and songs!

  • while I haven't got any good photos of them yet - and had to borrow the above from getty - I'm celebrating that I was able to snap my best shot (yet) of three, young neighbourhood white-tailed stags during a walk with the pups!

  • Next, was a particularly wonderful trip to Bull Creek where the puppies went swimming for the first time in their lives!  Baxter, my poodle, is working on a blog post about it: which includes a video of his first attempts and will be up by the end of the day!  You can check it out at his blog right here. I'm celebrating this because as a mama (even a doggy mama) your children's successes tend to be your own and I was beaming with pride.  Not to mention, it was the most fun we've had as a family in ... well ever!
  • I'm also celebrating the fact that yesterday I was able to accompany Will on a work trip to Surfside Beach, where we had a wonderful lunch and spent some time on the shore (post & pics to follow).  As we stood there, with the sand between our toes and salty air on our skin, Will and I decided to take a spontaneous mini-break!  So, first thing Sunday, we are off to South Padre Island for a few days! Yipee!  I feel so lucky and blessed in our ability to get up and go like that :)  I will never take these things for granted and will continue to celebrate our freedom, this country and our marriage forever!
  • and another wonderful girls' night on Tuesday with my lovely new friend
Life is wonderful!  I look forward to posting all about our adventure to the island with lots of photos and I hope that where ever you are, you have a terrific weekend!  Welcome to summer!  (Or winter, to all you Aussies x) 

4 comments

  1. The bird pics are great! I'm surprised you see chickadees and deer in Austin. I guess I thought it was mostly hot desert down there. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Before moving to Texas, I always assumed it was hot and desert-like as well! Instead it's turned out to be very diverse in its landscape and very fun to explore! (Ironically, the only tumbleweed I've ever seen was in Mississippi!)

      Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lena - tufted titmouse ... and what lovely little creatures to have at your feeder ... and those deer are amazing to see so close ... and your walk with the pups ... then the trip to Surfside Beach .. sounds a good way to garner a lunch with hubby! and then the holiday .. enjoy these few days ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary! Don't you love them!? I feel blessed every day <3 truly love our little slice of planet Earth!!
      Yes, the beach and lunch were amazing :)
      Thanks for your well wishes - we had a marvelous time on our mini break, will write about it soon xo

      Delete

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate