... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

spring means bluebonnets in Texas

Thursday, March 20, 2014


I couldn't believe my luck today - the very first day of spring - when I came across bluebonnets blooming in the wild!  Well not 'the wild' but the park I sometimes take Baxter and Dorothy so they can run around off their leashes.  The bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas and it's basically an icon, like its flag or cowboy boots and I've seen it pictured on everything from tea towels to Christmas ornaments but we moved to Austin in autumn, long after they'd gone for the year so I'd never seen one live until just now!  They're as beautiful as I'd imagined.







(Of course I had to make the pups pose beside the flowers - it was such a big moment for me and they enjoyed sniffing them too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate