... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

Russian for dinner

Sunday, March 2, 2014


Without doubt my fave restaurant in Austin is the Russian House. Its fabulous, traditional dishes coupled with its eclectic decor collection of all things Soviet and imperialist Russia: make me feel strangely comforted and at home.  Whenever I'm there, I feel a part of me awakening that's usually buried and dormant in everyday (westernized) life.  Maybe it's the complimentary shot of vodka you receive as soon as you're seated, the classic Russian movies that play on the big screen TV in the dining area that I watched to death as a kid or the enormous variety of infused vodka that I always feel compelled to sample but for me, eating at the Russian House is like therapy and dinner all at once.  That's why when Will asked me where I wanted to go for dinner before he left town for the weekend, my choice was obvious.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate