... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

No.8 & 9 | Texas sage & morning light

Thursday, October 9, 2014


I love Texas sage bushes!  With their silver-green leaves; small violet, bell-shaped flowers; hummingbird magnetism; drought tolerance; low maintenance and overall appearance: they are without doubt my favourite native plant.

Here at our place in Northwest Hills, we have a Texas sage bush growing right outside our kitchen window and I enjoy admiring it any time of the day, but especially in the mornings when the sun shines its soft, white rays directly through the leaves - making the bush appear as if it's creating its own, angelic glow.   

Other plants with greener leaves look radiant when the rays of morning light fall upon them, and are beautiful in their own way, but the way my beloved Texas sage is illuminated in such a heavenly light, I find myself staring, mesmerized and awaiting descending angels. 

Texas Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate