... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

Cheap stocking holder solution, just in time for Xmas!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ok, call me a tight ass but I do not want to spend $38 on a single stocking holder!  As much as I adore these ones from Anthropologie...


 ...there are four of us living in this house, so that would mean $152!!!  I can't even begin to justify spending that much on hooks that hardly anyone will notice and will only be on display for a month!  That being said, it took me a while to think up a solution to the stocking holder problem.  How on earth was I going to get our stockings upon the mantel?

I seriously looked everywhere but when the price was right, either I didn't like the design or I couldn't find four that matched.  The closest I got was finding some for $10 each at Target - but something stopped me buying them.  Anyway, just before time completely ran out - a slight stroke of genius hit me when I conveniently found some spare hooks and our problem was solved!

Cheap as chips and you can buy these anywhere! (Or here).




They're not decorative or hardly visible at all but - if you're on a time or budgetary crunch this Christmas - they're perfect: holding up to two pounds and removing easily! (Try spray painting them silver or gold for more dazzle).  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate