... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

Food for thought | Cinnamon fairy bread

Sunday, December 15, 2013

In my new weekly segment I want to share my favourite foods with you as well as my taste adventures to improve my palate, as per my friend's advice.

To start with, I thought I'd blog about what I'm currently enjoying: a slice of cinnamon fairy bread.

Image From: http://ovenhaven.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/the-one-where-i-need-a-sugar-fix-recipe-cinnamon-toasties/

Traditional fairy bread is a simple Australian dessert snack made using ingredients most people have readily available in their kitchens.  All it takes is a slice of bread, some unsalted butter and sprinkles. You simply butter the bread and sprinkle the top of it.

Image from: http://www.mylot.com/image/1111883/fairy-bread-fairy-bread-bread-with-hundreds-and-thousands

Cinnamon fairy bread is perfect for a winter's day and is just as simple! Requiring a buttered slice of bread that's sprinkled with cinnamon sugar (a combination of sugar and ground cinnamon). 



Simple pleasures... Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate