... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

My fabulous New Years Eve dress

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

After posting yesterday about New Years Eve sparkle - I headed to the nail salon for a shimmering manicure and then to the shops in search of the perfect, glittery NYE dress.  I didn't really have anything specific in mind, only that it needed to have sleeves because of how cold it's going to be tonight.  (Of course I love the anthropologie dress I posted a pic of yesterday but even the sale price of $265 it's expensive straight after Xmas and a trip away).

My perfect dress evaded me store after store and I felt quite down by the time Will met me a little later, freaking out because I'd left everything until last minute.  Little did I know however that Will: my husband, best friend and knight in shining armor had a surprise waiting for me back at the house.  He didn't act or say anything suspicious on the way home but the surprise dress was hanging in full view the moment we stepped inside! It was my perfect dress!




A dress I've had for two years but worn only once: a dress that was sparkly and sleeved: a dress I'd forgotten all about! Will had fished it out of my wardrobe after my earlier despondent phone call and cemented once more his position as #1 in my life as a smile crossed my lips and I began to envision the accessories and shoes that will go with it! This sequined, classically cut Rachel Roy mini dress ticks all of my criteria for the perfect, sparkling NYE dress!

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you greet 2014 looking good, feeling great and surrounded by love so that the spirit of NYE brings you all that and more for the year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate