... when you're constantly on the move, few things remain unchanged.

My post- Christmas mantel

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I'm not quite finished yet: I still need candles for the mercury glass sticks, 
to print a couple 7X5 photos to fill the empty frames I bought on a clearance sale and 
find a way to conceal that ghastly black cord from my scentsy warmer... 
but here's how the mantel looks now that the Christmas decorations are gone:



Other than the black frames, 
I chose neutral colours and a contrasted blend of the old and new - 
just like everywhere else in the house. 



I love that our fireplace isn't centered beneath the mantel 
but that empty, tiled, white wall where the Christmas tree stood is driving me cray cray.
I want to find a nice vase and maybe fill it with wheat... gotta fill this space in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About unwavering me

Sharing my stories of migrating from Australia to the US | travel adventures | married life | furry kids | new experiences | lessons | and loving life despite always missing home. xo.

Contact

Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest

spring in Austin TX

spring in Austin TX

Translate